Check out our spring specials - up to 50% off with exterior cleaning packages
Check out our spring specials - up to 50% off with exterior cleaning packages
Welcome to EnviroClean, the destination for unparalleled roof cleaning services that will leave your roof looking pristine and revitalised, without any of the risks of pressure cleaning.
With our unrivalled expertise, unwavering commitment to quality, and a wide range of benefits, we guarantee an exceptional experience that surpasses all expectations.
Discover the transformative power of EnviroClean's roof cleaning services and unlock the true potential of your home.
EnviroClean has encountered and conquered numerous challenges in the world of roof softwashing.
With an intimate understanding of the intricacies involved, especially with older homes. We have perfected our roof cleaning and softwashing techniques to ensure flawless results every single time.
When you choose EnviroClean, you are choosing the expertise and proficiency that come from being leaders in the roof cleaning and soft washing business.
At EnviroClean, we hold ourselves to the highest standards, disrupting surpassing roof cleaning norms and expectations.
Utilising state-of-the-art high quality equipment and friendly processes, we meticulously eliminate dirt, grime, mould, mildew, algae, bird and bat poop, cobwebs and other unsightly elements that mar the beauty of your home's exterior.
Without pressure cleaning and sometimes, without even walking on the roof
Our unwavering attention to detail guarantees a thorough and comprehensive cleaning, restoring your roof to its former glory, without painting it or replacing it.
With EnviroClean, exceptional quality and satisfaction is guaranteed.
Witness the revival of your roof's beauty, protect it from potential damage, and enjoy a pristine living environment, for a healthy lifestyle and ultimate peace of mind. W
Trust in our expertise, and our commitment to quality, and enjoy the multitude of benefits that come with choosing EnviroClean for your roof cleaning needs.
Contact us today to book your roof cleaning service and prepare to be amazed by the remarkable results, all without the risk of damage caused by pressure cleaning, and without painting or replacing.
It's time to let your roof shine like never before with EnviroClean.
1. **Awesome Curb Appeal** Impress your neighbours and passersby with a home that radiates beauty. Our meticulous roof soft washing techniques revive your property's appearance, making it the envy of the neighbourhood.
2. **Protect Your Investment** Shield your roof from bio-degradation and potential damage caused by dirt, algae, and other harmful contaminants. EnviroClean's professional cleaning eliminates these threats, safeguarding your property and preventing costly repairs.
3. **Healthy Living Spaces** Create a safe haven for you and your loved ones. Mold, mildew, and algae growth on your exterior surfaces can pose health risks. Our thorough cleaning removes these hazards, ensuring a healthy and secure living environment.
4. **Improve Property Value** Invest in your home's future by increasing its market worth. A well-maintained roof significantly enhances your property's value and desirability. EnviroClean's cleaning services make your home a valuable asset.
5. **Eco-Friendly Services** Join us in preserving the environment. EnviroClean is dedicated to sustainability, using eco-friendly processes that minimise the impact on your home and garden. Our responsible practices minimise the ecological impact while delivering outstanding results.
Check out this short roof cleaning video to see how you can transform your black concrete tile roof to look brand new in just a few hours WITHOUT high-pressure roof cleaning or roof repainting.
The black algae streaks on your roof are destroying the factory oxide coating on the concrete tile and also leach nutrients from the roof tiles which leads them to becoming brittle over time, and the longer you leave your roof, it worse it will get. Algae and organic infestations on your roof, will ultimately destroy your roof tiles, and result in the need for roof repairs.
If your roof looking dirty, dingy, and covered in black streaks or lichen growths, your roof is experiencing 'bio-deterioration' or 'biodegradation' .
Algae, lichen, mould and mildew and other organics, consume minerals and nutrients from what they grow on.
If left alone, they will eat through the oxide coating on concrete tiles, and eventually cause all tiles to become brittle, which is a problem when thing like branches drop on the roof.
A soft wash will make your roof look like new again, and give you added peace of mind.
Our gentle, low-pressure softwashing method uses specialised cleaning solutions, and the weather to remove dirt, pollution grime, and organic growths like algae, moss, and lichen without damaging your roof.
Many roofs can be cleaned, without ever walking on them.
A clean roof not only looks great, but it also protects your home from potential damage caused by a leaking or damaged roof.
Soft washing can help extend the lifespan of your roof, prevent leaks, and improve your home's overall curb appeal.
And the best part is, soft washing is a cost-effective alternative to costly roof repairs or replacements, that you often need after pressure cleaning.
Pressure cleaning, often leads to broken tiles, dislodged pointing, water ingress, mess all over your garden and your neighbour’s property, and rapid organic regrowth.
Our experienced professionals will provide a thorough cleaning of your roof, using the safest and most effective methods available.
Don't wait until your roof becomes a problem. Schedule a soft wash today and enjoy a cleaner, healthier, and more beautiful home."
Roof soft washing is a cleaning process that involves using specialised equipment and cleaning solutions to remove dirt, debris, and stains from the surface of a roof.
Over time, roofs can become dirty and discoloured due to a variety of factors, including algae growth, moss, lichen, dirt, and pollution.
Roof washing is important because a dirty or stained roof not only looks unsightly, but it can also lead to damage and deterioration of the roofing material. For example, algae growth can cause tiles to become dislodged, while moss can trap moisture and cause rot and decay.
Roof washing typically involves the use of a custom designed soft washing equipment, along with a specially formulated cleaning solution. The cleaning solution is applied to the roof and left on, during which time it breaks down and kills the algae and moss, and loosens the dirt and stains. The dead organic matter is then washed away gently after a few heavy rainstorms,
It's important to note that roof washing should only be performed by a professional with the necessary experience and equipment to do the job safely and effectively. Improper cleaning techniques can cause damage to the roof, which can be costly to repair.
Soft washing your roof can potentially improve the healthiness of your home, especially if your roof has accumulated algae (cyanobacteria), mould or other organic growths that can harbour harmful bacteria or allergens.
Soft washing is a low-pressure cleaning method that uses a specialised cleaning solution to kill and remove these growths without causing any damage to the roof.
By removing these harmful substances from your roof, soft washing can help improve the air quality inside your home by reducing the number of airborne allergens and bacteria outside them home.
It can also help prevent the growth of mould and mildew that can spread throughout your home and cause respiratory problems, especially for people with allergies or asthma.
Additionally, a clean roof can improve the overall appearance of your home, increase its curb appeal, and potentially increase its value if you plan to sell it in the future.
However, it's important to note that soft washing should be done by a professional who has experience and expertise in this method, as using the wrong chemicals or techniques can damage your roof and potentially harm your health.
It's also important to take other measures to maintain a healthy home, such as regular cleaning and maintenance, proper ventilation, and air purification systems if needed.
There are several reasons why you should consider getting your roof washed:
1. Improving Curb Appeal: Over time, your roof can become stained with dirt, debris, and algae, which can make your home look unsightly. Getting your roof washed can help to restore its original colour and appearance, improving the overall curb appeal of your home.
2. Extending Roof Life: When dirt, debris, and algae are allowed to accumulate on your roof, they can cause damage to the roofing material, leading to premature wear and tear. Regular roof washing can help to extend the life of your roof by removing these harmful contaminants.
3. Improving Energy Efficiency: A dirty roof can absorb more heat from the sun, which can increase your energy costs as your air conditioning system has to work harder to keep your home cool. Roof washing can help to restore the reflective properties of your roof, reducing heat absorption and improving energy efficiency.
4. Preventing Damage: Algae, moss, and lichen growth on your roof can cause damage to the roofing material over time, leading to leaks and other problems. Regular roof washing can help to prevent this damage by removing these harmful growths before they can cause significant harm to your roof.
In summary, regular roof washing can improve the appearance of your home, extend the life of your roof, improve energy efficiency, and prevent damage. It's a simple and effective way to protect your investment and keep your home looking its best.
The frequency of roof washing depends on several factors, including the climate, the amount of shade around your home, and the type of roofing material you have. In general, it is recommended to get your roof washed every 2-5 years. However, there are certain signs that may indicate the need for more frequent roof washing:
1. Visible Stains: If you notice visible stains on your roof, such as dark streaks or discolouration, it may be time to get your roof washed. These stains are often caused by algae, moss, or lichen growth and can damage your roofing material if left untreated.
2. Surrounding Trees: If your home is surrounded by trees or other vegetation, you may need to get your roof washed more frequently. This is because debris from trees, such as leaves and branches, can accumulate on your roof and provide a nutrient-rich environment for algae and moss growth.
3. High Humidity: In areas with high humidity, roofs are more susceptible to algae and moss growth. If you live in a humid area, it may be necessary to get your roof washed more frequently to prevent damage from these growths.
4. Preparing for Sale: If you're preparing to sell your home, getting your roof washed can improve its curb appeal and make it more attractive to potential buyers.
In summary, the best time to get your roof washed depends on your specific situation. If you're unsure whether your roof needs washing, it's best to consult with a professional who can assess the condition of your roof and recommend an appropriate cleaning schedule.
Roof washing can potentially damage your garden if the cleaning solution or debris from the roof washing process comes into contact with your plants. Here are some steps you can take to protect your garden during roof washing:
1. Do not use tarps to protect plants: Tarps can concentrate run off and affect the root systems of nearby plants. It is better to triple rinse plants. That is before solution application, after solution application, and after rinsing. This system is the best to protect plants as long as the solution is not too strong and/or the water to forceful.
2. Water Your Plants: Watering your plants before roof washing can help dilute any cleaning solution that may come into contact with them.
3. Rinse Your Garden: After the roof washing is complete, rinse your garden with water to remove any debris or cleaning solution that may have landed on your plants.
4. Use Eco-Friendly Cleaning Solutions: Using eco-friendly cleaning solutions that are safe for plants and animals can also help reduce the risk of damage to your garden.
By taking these precautions and working with a reputable exterior cleaning company, you can minimise the risk of damage to your garden during a roof wash.
Roof washing can be safe for pets if the cleaning process is done properly. However, it's important to take some precautions to protect your pets during and after the roof washing process. Here are some tips:
1. Keep Your Pets Inside: During the roof washing process, it's best to keep your pets inside to prevent them from coming into contact with the cleaning solution or debris.
2. Use Pet-Friendly Cleaning Solutions: Make sure the cleaning solutions used for roof washing are pet-friendly and won't harm your pets if they come into contact with them.
3. Rinse Your Roof Thoroughly: After the roof washing is complete, make sure the roof is rinsed thoroughly to remove any cleaning solution or debris that may have landed on the ground where your pets could come into contact with it.
4. Wait Until the Roof is Dry: It's best to wait until the roof is completely dry before allowing your pets back outside. This will help ensure that any remaining residue from the cleaning process has dissipated and won't harm your pets.
In general, it's always a good idea to talk to your roof washing professional about any concerns you have regarding the safety of your pets. They should be able to provide you with advice and recommendations to help keep your pets safe during the roof washing process.
The duration of a roof wash can vary depending on several factors, including the size of your roof, the type of roofing material, the extent of the cleaning needed, and the weather conditions. In general, a typical roof wash can take anywhere from a few hours to a full day to complete.
Roof washing typically involves the use soft washing equipment, along with a specially formulated cleaning solution. The cleaning solution is applied to the roof and left on, during which time it breaks down and kills the algae and moss, and loosens the dirt and stains. The dead organic matter is washed away gently after a few heavy rainstorms,
The weather can also affect the duration of a roof wash. For example, if it's raining or there is a chance of rain, the cleaning may need to be rescheduled as the cleaning solution needs time to work properly.
It's best to consult with a EnviroClean to get a more accurate estimate of how long the cleaning process will take for your specific situation. We will provide you with a detailed plan and timeline for the cleaning process based on the factors specific to your roof..
As per the previous two questions. This depends on your roof and on the weather. For concrete tiled roofs largely affected by green and black algae (Cyanobacteria/Gloeocapsa magma etc), the effect will be immediate and very noticeable.
It definitely is quicker than options like Wet and Forget and such like, which can take up to two years to clear a roof and even then not do a good job. For terracotta roofs there will be an immediate colour change as the alage is killed but the dead lichen may take some time to wash off the roof.
While roof washing can provide numerous benefits, there are also some potential downsides to consider. Here are some of the most common downsides of getting a roof wash:
1. Cost: Roof washing can be an expensive service, especially if your home is large or requires extensive cleaning.
2. Damage to surfaces: Improper use of pressure washers or harsh chemicals can damage your home's exterior surfaces, especially if they are not suitable for the type of siding or roofing.
3. Water damage: If water penetrates inside the home during the washing process, it can lead to water damage and mould growth.
4. Disruption: Roof washing can be a disruptive process, however it is only done occasionally and selecting a provider who will be fast and cause minimum disruption is the key.
5. Environmental concerns: Some cleaning solutions used for roof washing can be harmful to the environment and wildlife if not used correctly.
It's important to work with a reputable roof washing company and communicate your concerns and preferences to minimise the risks of these potential downsides. By doing your research and choosing a professional company, you can ensure that your home is cleaned safely and effectively, without causing damage or other negative impacts.
The environmental impact of a roof wash depends on the method of cleaning used and the cleaning solution used. However, there are ways to make a roof wash more environmentally friendly.
Here are some things to consider:
1. Choose a low-pressure washing system: A low-pressure washing system, also known as a soft wash system, uses lower pressure and a gentler cleaning solution that is less likely to damage surfaces and plants. This method can be more environmentally friendly than high-pressure washing.
2. Properly dispose of wastewater: Wastewater from roof washing can contain chemicals and contaminants that are harmful to the environment. It's important to properly dispose of wastewater.
3. Conserve water: Roof washing can use a lot of water, so it's important to conserve water during the cleaning process. Some roof washing companies use water-efficient equipment or collect and recycle the water used for washing.
By using low-pressure washing systems, proper wastewater disposal, and water conservation methods, a roof wash can be an environmentally friendly thing to do.
However, it's important to work with a reputable roof washing company that takes the necessary steps to minimize the environmental impact of the cleaning process.
Possibly, but much less so than when pressure cleaning a roof which requires an the roof cleaner to walk all over your roof. If your home is single story and every roof panel can be accessed safely using a ladder (i.e. not to close to the property borders or other structures) it may be possible to clean the entire roof without stepping foot on it. Otherwise the roof cleaning technician will access the roof from a few vantage points that will minimise roof walking, but still provide the angles needed to provide adequate coverage to clean the roof thoroughly.
We haven't had a call about a dead plant yet because of roof cleaning, but if the roof cleaning treatment is done irresponsibly, yes it can!
At EnviroClean we have developed rigorous pre-rinsing and post-rinsing processes into my roof cleaning methodology that absolutely minimises or totally mitigates the risk of this happening.
We protect smaller soft-leaved plants, and hardier plants with waxy leaves by soaking prior to and after the soft washing chemical is applied to the roof.
You can help lower the risks by watering all plants heavily in the days prior to the clean, this way they are less susceptible to taking up any roof cleaning solution.
Sometimes when plants have new growth where the protective cuticle has yet to form, these can be susceptible to being burn't and this effectively tip prunes the plant, however this is not a critical issue as it will simply stimulate new growth further down the branch. For this reason, it is best to avoid roof cleaning in spring and early summer
Lovely sunny days in autumn and winter are without question are the best time to clean your roof.
Plants with new spring growth or shoots and leaves where the cuticle has not yet formed will almost certainly be tip pruned by the cleaning chemical, even when the utmost care is taken.
If you are an avid gardener and have a particularly nice garden you should not do a roof clean in spring or early summer, when new growth is coming through.
Late autumn to winter is definitely the best time to clean the roof. However with that said, I have cleaned plenty of roofs in spring and summer without damage or with temporary leaf damage only.
No roof cleaning using the soft washing method, does not include gutters, but if your gutters are relatively clear and free-draining the soft wash runoff from the roof and the rinsing away of this will have a cleaning and clearing effect on the gutter.
It is recommendable you have your roof's gutters and valleys cleaned first using the dry vacuuming method only, if they are full or are blocked.
The cost of roof washing can vary depending on several factors, such as the size of the roof, the type of roof material, the level of dirt and grime, the location, and the company you hire. In general, soft washing your roof is less expensive than high-pressure washing or replacing your roof, but it is still an investment.
On average, the cost of soft washing a roof starts from $449 for a small single story, although some companies may charge more or less depending on the factors mentioned above. For example, a smaller roof with less dirt and debris may cost less to clean than a larger roof with heavy growths of algae and mould. On average the cost for a fairly standard single story is around $600 up to around $900 for a double story. EnviroClean provide obligation free quotes, so you can make an informed decision.
While the cost of soft washing your roof may seem high, it is important to consider the long-term benefits of a clean roof. A clean roof may help extend the lifespan of your roof, prevent costly repairs or replacements, improve the overall health of your home and potentially increase the value of your home.
It is recommended to get quotes from several companies to compare prices and services to find the best option for your budget and needs. However, be cautious of extremely low prices, as some companies may use inferior products or techniques that can damage your roof and cost you more in the long run.
If the roof gutters empty into water tanks, measures will have to be taken to ensure this flow is diverted for the day of the clean. Water should not be diverted back to the tanks until the roof has seen sufficient rain following the roof cleaning treatment. If this cannot be done the tank water should be dumped after cleaning. Please note the water will not contain any active chemical from the roof cleaning, but it will be saltier and more alkaline than it should be. which can be an issue when watering roses, azaleas, camellias etc
If down pipes or gutters are likely to empty, or inadvertently overflow into garden beds during the roof cleaning process, this can be an issue. If your gutters have holes, or are blocked, this is a big risk that any plants in the area of overflow may be negatively impacted or killed. Also if your down pipes empty into garden beds or the lawn this can be a problem. If this is the case at your home, then a roof clean with Norwest EnviroClean may not be the right service for you
Gutters should be free-flowing and valleys cleared of any excess leaf build-up. We generally do not provide a gutter cleaning service so this preferably should be done before the roof cleaning treatment. However if the condition is not too bad, we will clear the valleys and give the gutters a rinse if needed.
Blocked gutters and downpipes might result in overflow of the cleaning solution into garden beds, lawns, or even into the roof cavity. Also, valleys that are clogged and overflowing onto roof tiles, will prevent the soft washing solution from penetrating down to the tiles and can even cause back flow into the roof cavity.
The safest and most recommendable method for cleaning gutters is dry gutter vacuuming, as wet cleaning can result in water damage in the roof cavity. This is especially the case in older homes when the gutter or valley flashing doesn't extend past the 'purlin' or first roofing batten or there is no sarking. Shooting water into the valleys and gutters at a pressure high enough to dislodge the build up it can result in significant amounts of water and debris entering the roof cavity. This is more common on older roofs. This is why as a general rule we do not offer gutter cleaning as we only offer 'wet' services.